Overtime: March 5 – March 11 « Arrested Motion
More stories below from this week (click on bolded words for more information):
- JR mounts a towering monument to refugees at The Armory Show.
- A tour of NADA New York 2018. How NADA helps young galleries in hard times.
- At Independent Art Fair, emerging and established artists share the stage.
- Searching for trends at The Armory Show with empty pockets and a drink in hand
- The 20 best booths at The Armory Show.
- How the 1913 Armory Show dispelled the American belief that good art had to be beautiful.
- Phillips notches its best sale ever with record-beaking Mark Bradford and £42 Million Picasso.
- £109 million Sotheby’s Contemporary sale shows market stability—even without sparks.
- Christie’s £137 million night breaks record for a contemporary art sale in Europe.
- The rediscovery of Picasso’s Designs for a 100-Foot-Tall Bust in Florida.
- Team Gallery’s Jose Freire on new zero-sum art market – “I’m not Gagosian – I’m just a loser with a gallery.”
- How many people does it take to run a mega-gallery? We found out.
- How Oscar weekend launched a buying spree for L.A.’s art collectors
- The Shed’s commissions for 2019 include Gerhard Richter, Steve McQueen, Trisha Donnelly, and more.
- Artist Vera Lutter is using camera obscuras to photograph LACMA’s old buildings before they get torn down.
- Leading Ladies of Art: 13 women who influenced art history.
- After 5Pointz, can artists and developers ever work together again? Experts lay out the way forward.
- Public school students are creating art to protest gun violence – with help from the Bronx Museum.
- England’s Great Exhibition loses arms industry sponsor after artists protest.
- How the Dana Schutz controversy – and a year of reckoning – have changed museums forever.
- Eric Fischl’s Presence of an Absence at Skarstedt, London
- The wondrously detailed paintings of Alice Lin show the complex relationship between self and surroundings.
- Long exposure photos capture the light paths of drones above mountainous landscapes.
- Spike Jonze directs mind-melting new dance video for Apple.
- Someone yarn-bombed a Guggenheim Museum toilet with gold crochet.
- Meeting the first black woman to have work in MoMA’s permanent collection.
- Five lessons creatives can learn from Andy Goldsworthy.
- Arts sector contributed $763.6 billion to U.S. economy – more than agriculture or transportation,
Street Art Artist
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Anthea Missy in an artist and offers urban art, paintings, murals, and entertainment.
Anthea Missy7 days ago
Merci Romain De Reusme for his words on my recent best murals of 2018 with RainbowHouse Brussels ❤️🙏🦋